Monday, June 22, 2009

A micro-blogpost:first day on my IBD internship

I'm super-psyched about Day 1 which was mainly orientation. Amazing how the ADD does not kick in when one in NOT attending 3 hour B-school lectures!

I've been assigned to the Corporate and Acquisition Finance Team within Global Finance. Translation – a little bit of Restructuring, a dollop of Acquisition Finance and a whole load of Leveraged Finance, and I likely get to dabble in all three over the summer. I love the entrepreneurial spirit in the company and am very bullish on it. Another reason why I'm psyched - based on information that is already public, this year's biggest European purchase by a private equity firm, was handled by Nomura. Troubled Candover agreed to sell energy research firm Wood Mackenzie to rival Charterhouse for an enterprise value of 553 million pounds ($905 million).

Off to bed now, its an early start and a late finish tomorrow.

My new digs. 25 Bank Street,

the Old Lehman Building in Canary Wharf


No comments: